Can I bring my pet at a hostel?
Only at a pet friendly hostel you can.
There are a growing number of pet-friendly hotels and pet-friendly resorts for travellers but finding any pet-welcoming hostels is fairly difficult at best. Most people associate hostels with dorm rooms and backpackers, but hostels aren’t necessarily comprised of either. You can save money by making your next vacation stop in a pet-friendly hostel, but you have to find them first.
Searching for pet friendly hostels is a bit clunky and involves searching for a city, then filtering for pet friendly results followed by hostels. It’s not nearly the most intuitive process to follow and what exactly makes a hostel “pet friendly” isn’t clearly defined. You’ll have to call the actual establishment for more details
A Lack of Choices to Choose From
It might be that there simply aren’t enough pet friendly hostels out there (or enough people searching for them).
If you do one, here are the terms and conditions:
- Dogs are permitted where a private room has been reserved.
- The dog owner is responsible for cleaning up after the dog at all times
- Please ensure your dog does not disturb other guests by noise or disruptive behaviour.
- Dogs not to be left for long periods in bedroom alone (1-hour max.)
- Dog owners must not leave the hostel premises without their dog!
- You will need to bring your own equipment (bowls, bed, poop bags etc).
- Dogs should be attached to leads at all times, both inside the hostel and within the hostel
- Offer bookable through Sales & Reservations Team and participating Hostel’s directly.
- Dogs will have access to some public areas as designated at the relevant hostel.
- Any damage incurred by the dog will need to be paid for by the owner.
- Dog owners are fully responsible for their dog at all times.